325 West Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Sunday, March 30, 2014 | Five o’clock in the evening
Dress: Semi-formal attire, business suit,cocktail or long dress
Join us to celebrate our students’ dedication to social advocacy and global leadership.
The evening will include Latin cuisine, Afro-Latin music and dance, silent auction and an overview of the World Scholars Program.
CLICK ON THE WORLD SCHOLARS PACKET BELOW FOR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.
World Scholars Program Gala: Dominican RepublicWorld Scholars Program Mission
The World Scholars Program has as its ultimate goal the development of Village Leadership Academy’s students into global leaders of tomorrow. The Program strives to accomplish this by:
• Expanding our students’ educational foundation through a year long academic and extracurricular exploration of the history and culture of the Community of Focus;
• Establishing an appreciation for and sensitivity toward the culture, history and perspectives of people of the world, with the understanding that “different” does not equal “less than”;
• Challenging our students to explore the commonalities and differences between themselves and other people; and
• Facilitating the development of a comprehensive worldview, critical for global leadership.
This cultural and academic journey culminates in an educational excursion to the Community of Focus. During this international expedition, our students will engage in a cultural exchange with other children of the world, develop new friendships that extend beyond the boundaries of their communities, and acquire first-hand knowledge about the challenges that other communities face. For Village Leadership Academy students, “The World Is the Classroom.
World Scholars Program 2014: Dominican Republic
Program Ad Book Options
Ad book Instructions
• Please submit your ad file at 300 dpi or higher (.psd, .jpg, .png, or .pdf).
• Ad payment and submissions should be received no later than February 29th.
• Submissions can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a CD mailed to: Village Leadership Academy, 800 S. Wells St., Suite 90, Chicago, IL 60607.
Check out our blog: www.justusseekingjustice.wordpress.com